Walking, Cycling, Boat trip and Rowing boat.
Recommended for: Individual, Couple, Family, Team.
The Three-day Mekong Rusic Can Tho (MRC04) package is just an ideal combination of leisure and learn in which you can enjoy the rustic natural beauty and explore the local culture in two floating markets. Get in touch with local people and explore the cultural values of the Mekong region in Phong Dien and Can Tho city.
- Experience the tremendously lush beauty of the Greater Mekong;
- Visiting Cai Rang and Phong Dien floating market
- Cycling to visit Cocoa garden and blacksmith family and learning how to make the chocolate and knife manually and communicate with local people.
- Cruise the Mekong River and see what life is like on the Delta;
- Savour your self-picked tropical fruits at one of the most abundant orchards on Mekong river
- Row in a sampan along the canals under the green canopy of water coconuts trees.
- Stay overnight at peaceful Mekong Rustic Can Tho bungalows surrounded by many lush orchards on Phong Dien district, Can Tho city and join in their daily activities: taking care of the orchards, picking fruits, prepare and cook a family meal;
- Make your own “banana cake” in Mr. Ut’s garden who has her three generation ancestors making traditional cakes;
Day 1: HCMC - Mekong Rustic Can Tho(L/D)
You will arrive Can Tho for check-in hotel and have lunch. In the afternoon, you will be cycling to Cao Dai temple and then visit Cocoa garden and learn how to make chocolate and enjoy chocolate and cocoa fruits and milk. Then you continue to enjoy the sunset and try to pass thru Mekong river by local ferry and see the daily life in the afternoon. Late afternoon, you will be back to Mekong Rustic Can Tho for cooking class and dinner. Overnight in Mekong Rustic Can Tho.
Day 2: Mekong Rustic Cần Thơ (B/L/D)
In the early morning at 05.30 AM, you will take a boat to Phong Điền floating market – the local market where they pick the tropical fruits from their garden to sell there and have an opportunity to talk to the sellers on their boats. Then you continue to cruise through a beautiful small canals to reach Cai Rang floating market – The biggest whole sale tropical fruits on floating market.
After experiencing floating market, you will visit a local family who made noodles by handmade with 3 generations and you can try to learn how to make noddle with them. You will have a light breakfast on local restaurant beside beautiful and quiet canals.
At 10.30 AM, you continue to cycling to visit blacksmith family who are working for 50 years and made thousands of knifes and learning this experience by communicating with local people. Then, you continue to visit some local activities and communicate with local people who will share culture. After that, you stop at the traditional house with 3 generations and learn how to make and enjoy the special banana cake with local people. You have lunch with local people in their authentic house with orchard garden and enjoy some special foods.
You will be back to Mekong Rustic Cân Thơ at 15.00 PM and relax in our beautiful garden before having dinner. Overnight in Mekong Rustic Cân Thơ
Day 3: Can Tho – Ho Chi Minh city (B/-/-)
After breakfast, you will be cycling thru the biggest local inland market in Phong Dien where they are selling and buying instead of trading on Phong Dien floating market in some previous years. You can find almost tropical fruits and authentic cultural market in Mekong Delta there.
At 11:30, you will check out. The ferry will take you back the wharf to depart to HCMC. End of tour.