- Visiting Binh Thuy island and Cai Rang floating market
- Visiting Tan Phong Island – Cai Be, one of the most abundant fruit gardens of Mekong river
- Learning more about the local culture and life of Mekong people by staying at their home-stay and working with them
- Joining the local activities of rowing boat, plucking fruits, taking care for fruit gardens and trying doing the handicraft products under the guidance of local people
- Experiencing one night home-stay surrounded by the lush orchards
- Enjoying the local food with Mekong specialties
Day 1: Can Tho – Mekong Rustic Can Thơ (-/L/D)
- You will arrive Can Tho for check-in hotel and have lunch.
- Afternoon, you will visit Con Son island and Binh Thuy pagoda.
- You can walk around Con Son Island and visit local family, fish farm watching. Back to Centre of Can Tho for dinner.
- Overnight in Mekong Rustic Can Tho.
Day 2: Can Tho – Mekong Homestay (B/L/D)
- In the early morning, you will take a boat to Cai Rang floating market and have an opportunity to talk to the sellers on their boats. You back to hotel for check-out and take a bus to Cai Be, you will be welcomed by the hospitable smile of the host and invited some fresh fruits on Mekong Rustic home-stay on Tan Phong Island and have light lunch.
- In the afternoon, local host will lead you to his orchards where you can learn how to take care for the garden and how to pluck the ripen fruits as the host does every day.
- Then, you will visit garden and gather the vegetables for your dinner. You yourself will prepare your own dinner with the help of local host. Stay overnight at Mekong Rustic home-stay.
Day 3: Mekong Homestay – Ho Chi Minh City (B)
- Waking up in the early morning to enjoy the fresh air of Mekong region and then taking a stroll around the home-stay, your 2nd day tour in Mekong will start.
- Coming back to the home-stay where the delicious breakfast is waiting for you. After breakfast time, You will visit kinder garden if it is school day. Stopping at a local farmer’s house to learn how to make Jackfruit leafs cake and then cycling to Bonsai garden and talking to him to understand how local farmers take care for their gardens, then try plucking the fruits and tasting them.
- Afterwards, we will return to the home-stay for check-out.
- At 11:00, the small boat will transfer you back to the Cai Be tourist boat wharf and you will drive to Ho Chi Minh City.
- Boat trip in Cai Rang floating market
- Welcome drink and local fruit
- Mekong Rustic Cần Thơ (Private bungalow)
- Mekong Rustic Homestay in Cái Bè (local homestay)
- All meals as mentioned
- Local guide
- Boat, rowing boat
- Entrance Fees
- Transportation from Saigon to Cai Be and vice versa
- Personal expenses
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
Transfer fees by private car
From Tan Son Nhat International Airport (SGN): It takes you 2.5hrs from airport to Cai Be Harbor
- 4 seats car: 85USD/ a car/ 1 way
- 7 seats car: 90USD/ a car/ 1 way
From your hotel in center Ho Chi Minh City (Sai Gon):
- 4 seats car: 75USD/ a car/ 1 way
- 7 seats car: 80USD/ a car/ 1 way
- Total length of boat trip: 2.5 hours
- Total length of cycling: 30-45 minutes
- Road surface: Rural/Trail
- Difficulty: Normal/Easy
What to bring
- Sun glass
- Sun Protection – Sun Cream