- Experience the tremendously lush beauty of the Greater Mekong;
- Visiting Cai Rang and Phong Dien floating market
- Cycling to visit Cocoa garden and blacksmith family and learning how to make the chocolate and knife manually and communicate with local people.
- Cruise the Mekong River and see what life is like on the Delta;
- Savour your self-picked tropical fruits at one of the most abundant orchards on Mekong river
- Row in a sampan along the canals under the green canopy of water coconuts trees.
- Stay overnight at peaceful Mekong Rustic Can Tho bungalows surrounded by many lush orchards on Phong Dien district, Can Tho city and join in their daily activities: taking care of the orchards, picking fruits, prepare and cook a family meal;
- Make your own “banana cake” in Mr. Ut’s garden who has her three generation ancestors making traditional cakes;
Day 1: Arriving at Mekong Rustic Can Tho (-/L/D)
You will arrive Can Tho for check-in hotel and have lunch. In the afternoon, you will be cycling to Cao Dai temple and then visit Cocoa garden and learn how to make chocolate and enjoy chocolate and cocoa fruits and milk. Then you continue to enjoy the sunset and see the daily life in the afternoon on the way back to Mekong Rustic. Late afternoon, you will arrive at Mekong Rustic Can Tho for dinner. Overnight in Mekong Rustic Can Tho.
Day 2: Mekong Rustic Can Tho (B/L/D)
Waking in the early morning at 05:30 AM, you will take a boat to Phong Điền floating market – the local market where they pick the tropical fruits from their garden to sell there and have an opportunity to talk to the sellers on their boats. Then you continue to cruise through a beautiful small canals to reach Cai Rang floating market. The biggest whole sale tropical fruits on floating market, enjoy the felling of floating breakfast as well. After experiencing floating market, you will visit a local family who made noodles by handmade with 3 generations and you can try to learn how to make noddle with them. You continue to visit blacksmith family who are working for 50 years and made thousands of knifes and learning this experience by communicating with local people (by bicycle), visit some local activities and communicate with local people who will share culture with you. You will have chance to join a simple cooking class and then have lunch with local people in their authentic house with orchard garden. Take a short refreshment to enjoy the green environment before learning how to make special Can Tho banana cake, after that you can enjoy your products which are handmade by yourself.
You will be back to Mekong Rustic Can Tho at 15:00 PM and relax in our beautiful garden before having dinner. Overnight in Mekong Rustic Can Tho.
Day 3: Can Tho – Ho Chi Minh City (B/-/-)
Start at 6:00 AM with bikes. We will head straight to Phong Dien inland market (3.3 km more or less). Stop the bikes at the start of the market, walk your bike into the market slowly and discover the land like a local. On both your left and right sides, people present their foods, stuff, clothes, dessert on the pavement. During the excursion, you will walk all the way to the end of the market, and then return. On the way back, stop at the food stall places oppositely the Market big roof (Nhà lồng chợ) to have breakfast (bún thịt nướng, bún xào, bánh ướt, cơm tấm, etc.). After that, get back to Mekong Rustic Can Tho and that is the end of the tour
*Optional breakfast at local market
*Flexible starting hour (6:00 – 8:00)
*Duration: 1h30-2hr (if breakfast at the market); 1hr -1hr30 (no breakfast at the market)
- Local English speaking guide;
- Boat trip to two floating market – Phong Dien and Cai Rang
- Boat, sampan;
- Meals (02L/02D/02B);
- Welcome drinks & fruits;
- Attraction entrance fees.
- Hotel pick up & drop off from/to Ho Chi Minh city
- Personal expenses
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Total length of cycling: 60 minutes + 60 minutes’ stopover
- Total length of boat trip: 4 hours
- Road conditions: Rural trails
- Difficulty: Normal/Easy
- Transportation by private car:
From Cần Thơ International Airport: It takes you 25 minutes from airport to Mekong Rustic Cần Thơ
- § 4 seats car: 12 USD/ a car/ 1 way
- § 7 seats car: 15 USD/ a car/ 1 way
From Ho Chi Minh City (Sai Gon):
- § 4 seats car: 90 USD/ a car/ 1 way
- § 7 seats car: 100 USD/ a car/ 1 way
What to bring
- Comfy & casual clothes
- Sun protection/sun cream
Flexible tailor-made itinerary is available upon your request;
For further assistance, please get in touch with us at E: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Hotline: +84 978 581 143