- Visiting Mekong Rustic in Tan Phong island – one of the most abundant fruit gardens of Mekong river
- Cycling to visit the ancient house near Cai Be town and learn the local culture
- Exploring how local people cross the MONKEY bridges
- Experiencing the locals’ life by visiting the local garden houses and fruit gardens
- Enjoying the fresh fruit plucked by yourself in the locals’ garden
- Using the local vehicles including local ferry, bicycle during the day tour
- At 13:00, meet you at the Cai Be tourist port and get ready for an active afternoon. We will cycle to one of the traditional ancient houses which was built and decorated by the typical traditional wooden style. It is surrounded by a luxuriant garden with many types of tropical fruit trees and flowers.
- Then, cross the Mekong River in a local ferry and cycling around Tan Phong Isles. Stop at local kindergarten if it is a school day (optional) to make friend with the kids in a village school and at a local farmer’s house to savour a cup of tea and local banana candies specialties. Enjoy your self-picked tropical fruits at one of the most abundant orchards on Mekong river while listen to Don Ca Tai Tu – an Intangible Cultural Heritage recognized by UNESCO.
- Dress on a traditional farmer clothes, you will be given all tools that a farmer/fisherman use to catch fish for their dinner. Your hands are actually the biggest tools that you have! So be ready to get them dirty by catching the fish from the muddy canals.
- After clean and refresh yourself, we give a farewell to the beautiful isles by embarking on the ferry/boat to leave Tan Phong Isles and continue with your onward journey. Tour ends at 17:30.
- Local guide
- Entrance fees
- Mineral Water and snacks
- Hotel pick up & drop off from/to Ho Chi Minh city
- Personal expenses
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
Transfer fees by private car
From Tan Son Nhat International Airport (SGN): It takes you 2.5hrs from airport to Cai Be Harbor
- 4 seats car: 85USD/ a car/ 1 way
- 7 seats car: 90USD/ a car/ 1 way
From your hotel in center Ho Chi Minh City (Sai Gon):
- 4 seats car: 75USD/ a car/ 1 way
- 7 seats car: 80USD/ a car/ 1 way
- Total length of boat trip: 2.5 hours
- Total length of cycling: 30-45 minutes
- Road surface: Rural/Trail
- Difficulty: Normal/Easy
What to bring
- Sun glass
- Sun Protection – Sun Cream