- Ideally for those who love cycling
- Experience the tremendously lush beauty of the Greater Mekong;
- Visit a bustle Cai Be inland local market;
- Visit Cao Dai temple, Cai Be cathedral, the ancient house, traditional handicraft workshops and Mekong Rustic homestay on Tan Phong isles;
- Savour your self-picked tropical fruits at one of the most abundant orchards on Mekong river while listen to Don Ca Tai Tu;
- Boat trip to Cai Rang and Phong Dien floating market.
Day 1: Tan Phong island – Mekong Rustic Can Tho (-/L/D)
Arriving early in the morning at around 9:30AM, you will be visiting the first stop-over Cao Dai Temple in Cai Be which is symbolizing for the local unique religion and then Cai Be Cathedral.
After that, you visit Cai Be inland market by bicycle, buy some fresh tropical fruits there and engage in the conversation with the local vendors. Continue to visit ancient and French colonial houses in the town.
Leaving the town, you will be go on a local ferry from Cai Be to Tan Phong Isle and then we will row on a sampan along the canals under the green canopy of water coconuts trees. This is optional depending on the tides of the Mekong River.
Back to the wharf, you will be cycling to Mekong Rustic homestay on Tan Phong isles surrounded by lush tropical fruit gardens. There you have a lunch break, with tea and refreshments prepared by the host of Mekong Rustic.
After break time, cycling around the peaceful Tan Phong Isles. Stop at local kindergarten if it is a school day (optional) to make friend with the kids in a village school and at a local farmer’s house to savour a cup of tea and local banana candies specialtiess. Enjoy your self-picked tropical fruits at one of the most abundant orchards on Mekong river while listen to Don Ca Tai Tu – an Intangible Cultural Heritage recognized by UNESCO.
Saying goodbye to the friendly host, we keep on cycling to the bang conical hat (“nón bang”) workshop (optional) before leaving Tan Phong Isles to get back the pier and depart to Mekong Rustic Can Tho by your own transportation. Overnight in Mekong Rustic Can Tho.
Day 2: Mekong Rustic Can Tho (B/-/-)
In the early morning at 6:00 AM, you will take a boat to Phong Dien floating market – the local market where they pick the tropical fruits from their garden to sell there and have an opportunity to talk to the sellers on their boats. Then you continue to cruise through a beautiful small canals to reach Cai Rang floating market – The biggest whole sale tropical fruits on floating market.
After experiencing floating market, you will visit a local family who made noodles by handmade with 3 generations and you can try to learn how to make noddle with them. You will have a light breakfast on local restaurant beside beautiful and quiet canals. You will be back to Mekong Rustic Can Tho at 10:00 AM. Check out at around 11:00. Tour ends at Mekong Rustic Can Tho.
- Local English speaking guide
- Boat trip to two floating markets: Phong Dien and Cai Rang
- Accommodation in Mekong Rustic Can Tho
- Meals as mentioned in itinerary
- Welcome drinks
- Attraction entrance fees
- Hotel pick up & drop off from/to Ho Chi Minh city
- Transfer from Cai Be town to Mekong Rustic Can Tho
- Personal expenses
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Total length of cycling: 4 hours (exclusive stopovers)
- Road conditions: Rural trails
- Private transfer from Mekong Rustic Cai Be to Mekong Rustic Can Tho:
- 4-seat car: US $56/car/way
- 7-seat car: US $78/car/way